The Lilly's of the Field Praise The Creator's Name

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

It's All In the Way You Look At It...

Sight Psalms


Posted: 08 Jul 2013 11:30 PM PDT


PERSPECTIVE
What will you focus on today? An approaching darkness or God’s steady light?
Photo by William C. Coffman

Sight Psalms is a ministry of the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church


I like the saying, "Is your glass half full or half empty". It is all about perspective. The same holds true as we grow in our faith. Are we thankful for the gifts and graces we are given or are we "coveting" our neighbors blessings from God? Do we expect more than what we are given or do we live content in what we have? 

I have made a choice to be ever so thankful for everything that I am given trusting that God will provide all that is needed for who and what I am called to be. I have found it freeing and less stressful. Don't get me wrong...I still fall into old ways sometimes but when I do...I am able to see it, ask for  forgiveness and praise God for who God is.

Which is more important...a relationship which is rooted and grounded in Christ or all the treasure the world has to offer? A relationship of gratitude with and for our God or a relationship of wanting more with the world around us? You decide...

No comments:

Post a Comment