The Lilly's of the Field Praise The Creator's Name

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Prayer for Wisdom (My Payer For the New Year)

1 Kings 3:5-14 Names of God Bible (NOG)

"5 In Gibeon Yahweh appeared to Solomon in a dream at night. Elohim said, “What can I give you?”
Solomon responded, “You’ve shown great love to my father David, who was your servant. He lived in your presence with truth, righteousness, and commitment. And you continued to show him your great love by giving him a son to sit on his throne today.
Yahweh my Elohim, although I’m young and inexperienced, you’ve made me king in place of my father David. I’m among your people whom you have chosen. They are too numerous to count or record. Give me a heart that listens so that I can judge your people and tell the difference between good and evil. After all, who can judge this great people of yours?”
10 Adonay was pleased that Solomon asked for this. 11 Elohim replied, “You’ve asked for this and not for a long life, or riches for yourself, or the death of your enemies. Instead, you’ve asked for understanding so that you can do what is right. 12 So I’m going to do what you’ve asked. I’m giving you a wise and understanding heart so that there will never be anyone like you. 13 I’m also giving you what you haven’t asked for—riches and honor—so that no other king will be like you as long as you live. 14 And if you follow me and obey my laws and commands as your father David did, then I will also give you a long life.”"




Lord God, you have asked me what gift you might give me..what I would require from you.
I only ask for what Solomon asked when given the same question.
Lord you have been with me through thick and thin, even when I don't feel you there.
Lord you have blessed me beyond measure.
So what do I ask?

You have placed me among Your people to share the Good News of salvation and redemption found through Your Son...our Risen Lord Jesus.
The only thing I ask...the only thing I require is the mantel of Wisdom that You placed upon the shoulders of Solomon.
May that same mantel fall upon me as I lead those whom You would have me lead. 

I pray for Your will to be done through me or in spite of me and my frail being.
I pray for wisdom and knowledge as I share Your Word with a hurting world.
I pray for the will to do Your will and not my own.

I don't ask for riches or for fame. Those belong to You and You alone.
I pray for the knowledge to make a difference in the lives of those who I come in contact with each and every day.
I pray for a deeper relationship with you so that I will know Your will.

I don't pray for the destruction of my enemies but for the wisdom to understand them.
I don't pray for a long life but for a life that will run it's course and purpose until they are accomplished an I am called home.

I may be asking for a lot but I know and trust that You will give me what I need. Thank you for the coming wisdom and knowledge. May I quiet myself so that I may listen for Your voice as You guide me...instruct me...on how to wear this mantel for Your glory.

I love You and need You. I want you to be the "star of the show" in my life and faith journey.
Amen...!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KA_HoEC9ixc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 comment:

  1. Ruth just emailed me to say this was being posted to her blog. I was updating poetry at the same moment, one that I hadn't looked at in a long time, about to edit it. God placed this poem for me to edit onto my computer screen just as Ruth was writing this post in the next room. It is amazing how God does that sort of thing... So this is the poem I just edited, right as I started reading this post from my wife, Pastor Ruth Foss...

    An Affirmation – v2

    Joy welled up, filled our cups
    our lives to overflowing
    a day long sought after,
    Being affirmed by our family of faith
    in the sanctuary, in community
    together hearing their words
    feeling their love, their certainty

    Hearing their support, their faith
    in her call, to ministry, their belief
    She is called by God to the pulpit,
    to service, to care for a flock
    to bring God’s message, as an elder
    a shepherd for the Savior
    His messenger of love


    Edited December 28, 2013
    An Affirmation – v2
    http://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2013/12/an-affirmation-v2.html
    April 21, 2008
    An Affirmation
    http://raymondafoss.blogspot.com/2008/04/affirmation.html
    Results of the Church Charge Conference,
    Wesley United Methodist Church,
    Concord, NH
    40 to nothing, saying yes, Ruth is ready
    called for ordained ministry

    ReplyDelete