The Lilly's of the Field Praise The Creator's Name

Thursday, December 1, 2016

A friend texted me today...

Ma am very happy to have a great women like u on my list

Thank you...but why do you call me great. It is not me but it is Christ in me...

Ma like doing thing of God nd am always happy any time I fine myself in d present of God but ma I have a great challenge in my Christian life

What challenges?

Falling and raising
I just what to be holy in his eyes

My Answer:

Ok...first...we will never be holy enough. We are born sinners and don't deserve anything. But that is where grace comes in. It is by the grace of God we are made righteous through Jesus Christ...not by anything we can say or do.
Now about falling...we have all fallen from the grace of God but we can stand in and through the blood of Jesus Christ.We need to do ur best to follow what Jesus would do. We need to take ourselves out of situations and let God take over. When we think we can o it on our own...that's when we fall. Paul talks about how he wanted to do what God wanted him to do but he kept on doing the things he didn't want to do. Romans 7:15-25.

Romans 7:15-25New International Version (NIV)

15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[b] a slave to the law of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment