The Lilly's of the Field Praise The Creator's Name

Sunday, September 8, 2013

In the Silence of Each New Day...

Posted: 04 Sep 2013 11:30 PM PDT

BALANCE

Time apart, in silence, leads us toward the balance for which we hunger.


Photo by Sharon Brown Christopher

Sight Psalms is a ministry of the General Board of Discipleship of the United Methodist Church.


Being a pastor, student, wife, mom, friend, counselor, Soccer Mom..., it is hard some days to find balance. The days I find hardest are the days when I don't begin my day in silence with the Lord. I may wake and think I have too much to do right now or I'll spend time later with God...(which by the way, rarely happens. Your too busy doing other stuff...) It is in the silence of the morning I find peace. It is in the dawning of a new day that I find that "joy that comes in the morning." It is in that silence that I joyfully bow my head and heart in awe and adoration for the One who gives me life...the One who is like no other...my God and my King. Now that's a way to find balance...

No comments:

Post a Comment